Thursday, May 6, 2010

Getting Excited

We are leaving so soon for our big trip to Southeast Asia. I cannot even express all the emotions I am feeling up to this point. Of course I'm excited that I'm actually traveling somewhere out of the country that isn't Canada, and of course I'm excited that I have this incredible opportunity that has been set in front of me that most people never get. But at the same time, I'm nervous about all of the "what ifs". However, I'm keeping myself in that optimistic state of mind in the hopes that my excitement completely outweighs my nervous energy. Right now they are both about equal and I'm thinking the closer it gets, the more excited I'll be. And I can't exactly help that I worry and that I get nervous- it's party of my personality.

The time change is 12 hours ahead. My flight leaves sometime in the late morning on May 12th (not sure exactly what time) and lands in Singapore around 11:40pm (11:40am here) on May 13th (next Thursday). And yes, that makes it a 24hr flight. We will be gone for about four weeks and going to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Teman Negara, Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and then back to Bangkok to fly home.

If you guys have questions, send me comments. We'll be blogging just about everyday so keep reading!

1 comment:

  1. Relax and enjoy. It's going to be fine. You are flying to one of the safest places on the planet.

    ReplyDelete